Biometric Identity Management for State and Local Government
Eyemetric’s Biometric Identity Management System (BIMS) can have many applications beyond the healthcare market. State and local government provides countless opportunities to apply this technology. It is no secret that higher unemployment rates, fewer job opportunities and lower salaries have increased the demand for social benefits. The rise comes when cuts
in budget and resources have already affected many agencies. These factors threaten the ability to deliver services needed to maintain our nation’s social well-being. To meet the demand, agencies must find ways to serve more with less for the foreseeable future.
The first step in delivering social benefits and services is to identify clients. Our solutions can help an organization administer benefits accurately, quickly while remaining respectful to their clients.
BIMS can use one of many types of biometric identifiers to match a patient to the correct medical records, therefore insuring the correct information is displayed to the provider.
- Fingerprint Technology- Very accurate but sometimes not available due to genetic or environmental reasons. Technology is very affordable.
- Facial Recognition-Considered extremely accurate; Non-intrusive and less expensive technology needed. (as compared to IRIS)
- IRIS-Considered one of the absolute most accurate methods of identification. Slightly more intrusive than facial recognition, and the hardware devices can be higher priced than other forms.
Examples of benefits and services where a positive biometric identification would be beneficial.
- Probation Offices
- Homeless Shelters
- State Prison and Local Jail Systems
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Food Bank Recipients and Volunteers
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries